I am a photographer who loves connecting with my clients, and when a wedding inquiry comes to you like Haley’s, it’s impossible not to feel overjoyed about the work you do.
“Hi Tricia! I met you last fall when you shot my sister’s wedding. This past weekend I got engaged!! YAY!! My fiance is Derrick Haddad. You shot his sister’s wedding also! We would LOVE to book you for our wedding! We are not sure on our date yet because we don’t want to book until we know about your availability.”
WOW, a client like that is a DREAM come true.
They had a stunning wedding that had all the elements that Bloom Meadows has to offer. We watched Haley walk down the stairs of the silo from below and make her way towards Derrick, who was moved to tears when he saw her for the first time.
After their outdoor ceremony overlooking the mountains, all guests were able to enjoy cocktail hour on the patio while we photographed Haley and Derrick in the fields at the bottom of the hill.
Next, a tent seated 275 people for dinner and toasts by Dan, Chelsea and the bride’s father John. I love a wedding that keeps the party flowing, and next it was back up to the main building for an incredible night of dancing. This wedding was so special and beautiful in every way.
I’d love to share a few fun facts about their wedding day:
- Haley and Derrick have known each other almost their entire lives. Their parents have been friends since they were kids. Since they were in different grades in school, they didn’t know each other as well, but that changed about 5 years ago when Haley’s family came to a Haddad Christmas Eve party. Derrick and Haley had a conversation and went on a date shortly after, they have been inseparable since.
- This wedding was the first ceremony outside of a church for Father CJ since he became a priest. In order to perform the ceremony, there had to be special permission from the Bishop, who upon looking at images of Bloom Meadows remarked at how impressive it was.
- Moose, is the couple’s dog and played a special role in the wedding. He made an appearance in the family portraits, bridal couple portraits, the bridal party entrance and even the first dance.
- The videographer turned to me before the ceremony started and said, “Wow, you know everyone at this wedding!” It felt amazing to know so many people after having photographed the weddings of both Haley and Derrick’s sisters, as well as 2 of Haley’s first cousins and photographed her second cousin’s wedding the following weekend. In attendance were parents of brides of weddings previously photographed. What a great feeling.
- The bride’s parent’s wrote all of the vendors after the wedding and have invited us to their home this summer to celebrate ALL OF US! That’s incredible right? Mr. and Mrs. Berger asked that WE be THEIR guest this time at a gathering where we could all enjoy each other’s company, in a casual setting other than the craziness of the work we do and for them to spoil us back! They will even serve the signature drinks we did not get to sample on that day. This is truly one of the most generous things I’ve ever experienced as a wedding photographer!
Haley and Derrick, you are amazing and capturing your love and how loved you are by others has made me so happy. I can’t wait to share some of these highlights with you.
VENUE – Bloom Meadows
HAIR STYLIST – Chelsea at Cedar Grace Salon
MAKEUP ARTIST – Sabrina Marie Makeup Artistry
GOWN DESIGNER – Essense of Australia
GOWN BOUTIQUE – Madeleine’s Daughter
BRIDESMAID DESIGNER – Bill Levkoff
BRIDESMAID BOUTIQUE – Vows Bridal Outlet
TUX/FORMAL WEAR – Indochino
FLORIST – Carolyn Valenti Flowers
JEWELER – Crown Jewelers
CATERER – Mazzeo’s Ristorante
LATE-NIGHT PIZZA – CRISP Event Planning & Catering
CAKE ARTIST – Simply Sweet
DJ – MusiChris DJ & Lighting Services
VIDEOGRAPHER – NST Pictures
VIDEOGRAPHER – Edge Creative Media
INVITATIONS – Your Color Connection
RENTALS – Mahaiwe Tent
PHOTOGRAPHER – Tricia McCormack Photography