Let’s talk about wedding hair…
I have seen a lot of brides and grooms getting ready and have worked with some amazing hair stylists. So I asked them their top tips for wedding hair. Here is what the industry experts had to say…
- Don’t wait to book a stylist! Hair professionals are booking 1 year or more out. Book them with the rest of your must have vendors.
- Have realistic expectations about what your hair can do. Think about how your hair has behaved in the past, the length of your hair, the texture, if you’re wearing a veil, and the weather and humidity.
- As the bride or groom, don’t get your hair done last. You should be 90% done getting ready when the photographer arrives.
- Have a trial run. Book 1-3 months before your wedding. You won’t have to make decisions on the day of and there will be no surprises.
- Take care of cutting and coloring your hair 2 weeks out.
- Wash your hair the day before. Freshly washed hair is hard to style and wet hair is impossible.
- Don’t underestimate the suite where you get ready. Research the location and look for somewhere with natural light, plenty of room for stylists, space for your wedding party, and a space that is bright and airy. (Your photographer will thank you!)